Resources for Country Studies
- BBC News Country Studies - Full profiles provide an instant guide to history, politics, and economic background of countries. They also include audio and video clips from the BBC archives.
- Bilateral Relations - This site from the U.S. Department of State contains information on all the countries of the world with which the United States has relations. They include facts on the country's land, people, history, government, political conditions, economy, and its relations with other countries and the United States.
- Census Fact Data - Offers U.S. Census information on population, economic, housing, and geographic data.
- - This site from the Library of Congress presents a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.
- - Country information including climate, people, politics, economics, education, maps, charts, statistics, and much more.
- - From the World Bank Group; country-at-a-glance tables, data-profile tables, information and communications technologies statistics; Edstats, which has statistics about education around the world; HNPStats, health, nutrition, and population statistics, gender stats, and much more.
- - Browse maps of the United States. Also includes facts about each state, as well as trivial notes.
- National Anthems Information - Hear the anthem, see the words; also has country flags.
- NationMaster - This site is a massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations. NationMaster is a vast compilation of data from such sources as the CIA World Factbook, UN, and OECD.
- - This site is a unique statistical database that allows you to research and compare a multitude of different data on US states.
- - Contains warnings issued by the State Department when Americans should avoid traveling in certain areas of the world. Consular information sheets are available for every country and provide facts about the country, entry requirements, security information, health conditions, and much more.