See What I Have Out
Get a Library Card
Place a Hold
Suggest a Purchase
Reserve a Meeting Room
Get a Job at the Library
Check Library Policies
Find Magazine Articles
Learn a Foreign Language
Obtain a Museum Pass
Norwalk Public Library
1 Belden Ave.
Norwalk, CT 06850
South Norwalk Branch
10 Washington St.
Norwalk, CT 06854
Homework & Research
American History Resources
American History Online
- American History Online offers a Facts on File Online database containing biographies, events, topics, primary sources, timeline, image gallery, and maps and charts.
- This website provides a database of and index to 5000+ full text, audio and video versions of public speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, debates, interviews, other recorded media events, and a declaration or two. Plus, there is a full-text, audio, and video database of the 100 most significant American political speeches of the 20th century.
- This site offers the Connecticut State Library's state history links from Native Americans to post World War II.
- This site has the number of republicans and democrats from the first to the 106th congress, who was president and vice-president and more.
Cuban Missile Crisis
- This National Security Agency site includes a timeline of the crisis, full synopsis and a document archive.
Cuban Missile Crisis Audio Files
- Real Player is required to hear these files.
- From the American Revolution to genocide in the Twentieth Century this site has concise timelines of major historical events, pictures, audio, and much more.
Immigration: Stories of Yesterday and Today
- From the people at Scholastic, this site has information on past immigrants and well as those of today.
Library of Congress Online Audio Collections and Presentation
s - Access links to several different collections of audio clips assembled by the Library of Congress, including the National Jukebox, Folklife Collections, Vaudeville, and many more.
Making of America from Cornell University
Making of America from the University of Michigan
- Cornell and Michigan are collaborating on a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction. The collection is particularly strong in education, psychology, American history, sociology, religion, and science and technology.
The Papers of George Washington
- This site is brought to you by the University of Virginia and includes maps, portraits, documents, articles, and much more.
Three Mile Island: The Inside Story
- Learn about America's worst accident at a civilian nuclear power plant on March 28, 1979 near Harrisburg, PA.
- Created by the Independence Hall Association this site has historical information on Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross, America's longest mile, and much more. The Betsy Ross page also contains information on the US Flag including a timeline of its development.
Valley of the Shadow
- A University of Virginia project that compares two towns, one north the other south, before, during, and after the civil war by their newspapers, diaries, letters, maps, census records, and much more.
City of Norwalk
Powered by CivicPlus