Health Care Information
- Access Health CT - Connecticut's Official Health Insurance Marketplace (toll free call center - 1-855-805-4325)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services - Open enrollment information - Oct. 15 - December 7.
- C.H.O.I.C.E.S. - Connecticut's program for Health Insurance assistance, Outreach, Information and referral, Counseling, Eligibility Screening. Medicare assistance. Appointments with a counselor will be available at the library on Fridays, Oct. 18, 25 and Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22 and Dec. 6. Call 203-899-2780 ext. 109 to make an appointment.
- Connecticut Health Foundation
- Connecticut Health Policy Project - is a non-profit, non-partisan research and educational organization dedicated to improving access to affordable, quality health care for all Connecticut residents.
- CT Mirror - Current news stories on Connecticut healthcare.
- - The government site about the new health care laws and health care news.
- Health Insurance Marketplace - This site launches on Oct. 1, 2013. Question and answer format to help consumers determine the best health insurance for themselves.
- Medicare.gov - The official government site for medicare information.
- Universal Health CT - Ensuring quality, affordable health care for all Connecticut residents.
- American Lung Association - is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
- MedlinePlus - Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
- Quit Smoking Community - Information on the effects of smoking, how-to guides on quitting, and the best electronic cigarettes of 2014.
- AmeriCares Free Clinic of Norwalk -Outpatient medical care, School, camp, sports and pre-employment physical exams by appointment only (some exclusions apply) Laboratory and diagnostic testing ordered by AmeriCares physicians.
- Norwalk Community Health Center - Our mission is to provide high quality comprehensive primary health care services to residents of Norwalk and the surrounding towns without regard for ability to pay or without discrimination as to age, sex, race, national origin, creed, political affiliation, residence or ability to pay.
- - Health and beach updates for the City of Norwalk. Also health services information, a calendar of events, health programs, environmental information and eight downloadable forms.
- - Find out about the hospital's community programs and events, physician listing and services.