Health Care Information
- Access Health CT - Connecticut's Official Health Insurance Marketplace (toll free call center - 1-855-805-4325)
- - Open enrollment information - Oct. 15 - December 7.
- CHOICES - Connecticut's program for Health Insurance assistance, Outreach, Information and referral, Counseling, Eligibility Screening. Medicare assistance. Call 1-800-994-9422 to speak with a counselor.
- Connecticut Health Foundation
- - is a non-profit, non-partisan research and educational organization dedicated to improving access to affordable, quality health care for all Connecticut residents.
- CT Mirror - Current news stories on Connecticut healthcare.
- Health Reform In Action - The government site about the new health care laws and health care news.
- Health Insurance Marketplace - This site launches on Oct. 1, 2013. Question and answer format to help consumers determine the best health insurance for themselves.
- Medicare.gov - The official government site for medicare information.
- Universal Health CT - Ensuring quality, affordable health care for all Connecticut residents.
- American Lung Association - is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through Education, Advocacy and Research.
- MedlinePlus - Produced by the National Library of Medicine, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
- Quit Smoking - Information on the effects of smoking, and how-to guides on quitting.
- AmeriCares Free Clinic of Norwalk -Outpatient medical care, School, camp, sports and pre-employment physical exams by appointment only (some exclusions apply) Laboratory and diagnostic testing ordered by AmeriCares physicians.
- Norwalk Community Health Center - Our mission is to provide high quality comprehensive primary health care services to residents of Norwalk and the surrounding towns without regard for ability to pay or without discrimination as to age, sex, race, national origin, creed, political affiliation, residence or ability to pay.
- Norwalk Department of Health - Health and beach updates for the City of Norwalk. Also health services information, a calendar of events, health programs, environmental information and eight downloadable forms.
- Norwalk Hospital - Find out about the hospital's community programs and events, physician listing and services.
- All in one - caring.com
- Assisted Living in CT
- Caretakers Guide to Moving Seniors into a Facility
- Eldercare Locator
- Falls and Older Adults
- Health Information for Older Adults
- National Institute on Aging
- Planning Your Doctor Visit
- Rehab & Medicare: The Ultimate Guide to Addiction Treatment for Seniors
- Home Modifications for Aging in Place
- Senior-Friendly Home Remodeling
- Sixty and Me
- Staying Healthy Over 50