Working with Graphics and Pictures in Microsoft Word 2013 - Register
Monday, June 10
6 - 7:30 p.m.
Workshop will focus on Word graphic design functions: pictures; SmartArt; screenshots; and other functions found on the “Insert” tab.
Create Custom Cards for any Occasion - Register
Saturday, June 15
10 - 11 a.m.
Learn how to make beautiful custom cards for any occasion using the Cricut. Avoid paying high prices for store-bought cards and embrace your creativity to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them.
Convert Negatives and Slides into Digital Pictures - Register
Saturday, June 15
2 - 3 p.m.
Take all your stacks of negatives and slides and convert them into digital JPEG images to make sharing and preserving them forever easy. The Wolverine Digital Converter is a simple to use device that will convert all your film into 20 megapixel digital images in seconds.
Drop-In Open Tech
Monday, June 17
7 - 8:30 p.m.
Ask us questions about email, a new smartphone setup, editing photos, accessing eBooks and any other computer technology questions you may have. We’re here to help you sort it out.
No registration or appointment needed, just drop-in.
Introduction to Computers - Register
Saturday, June 22
10 - 11:30 a.m.
Do you have a desktop or laptop computer and want to know more about what you can do with it? Are you looking for a job and are worried because most jobs today require that you know the basics about computers? This is the workshop for you, a beginner with some ability to use a mouse. We’ll get you up to speed, using the Microsoft Windows operating system.
What’s App-ening in Your Garden? - Register
Saturday, June 29
10 - 11:30 a.m.
Explore how technology can bring us closer to nature. This presentation will introduce apps that can help identify birds, trees, plants and flowers in our area.
Convert VHS to DVD
Do you have a box full of old home videos? Wish you could still watch those funny, or touching family moments? Now you can. Request an appointment to learn how to convert your VHS tapes to DVDs.
Computer Tutor/ 1 - on - 1 Tutorials
From adding photos to the Cloud to setting up an account to borrow digital content, we’re here to help. Sign-up for a private 30 - minute appointment to make sense out of those technology questions that keep you from accomplishing your goal.
The Computer Tutor
From adding photos to the cloud to setting up an
JobNow Online tutor can help with MS Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
Live tutors available from 3pm-11pm / Skill practice available 24/7.
- Click On JobNow,
- Click On Adult Learning Center
- Click On Microsoft Office help
- Select a program from the subject list
- Click On Get Live Help
Other local Technology training:
- Norwalk Community College (203) 857-7000 ask about Extended Studies - Professional Development - Computer courses.
Recommended free online resources:
- GCFLearnFree.org -Offering the computer and technology training you need for life - absolutely free! Whether you're new to the computer, returning for review, or want to use technology to enhance your skills, GCFLearnFree.org has something for you. (Account required -register for free)
- Excel Easy - Offers a tutorial (Introduction, Basics, Functions, Data Analysis and VBA) on how to use Excel. Want to learn much more about Excel? You can find related examples and features (300 Examples) on the right side of each chapter. We keep it easy!